Information we collect and how we use itIn order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide: When you sign up for a Inspector Nexus Account or other Inspector Nexus service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). We may combine the information you submit under your account, including content, with information from other Inspector Nexus services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log Data: When you access Inspector Nexus services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User Correspondence: When you send email or other communications to Carbon Inspector, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Location data: Inspector Nexus may offer location-enabled services, such as regional customization of templates and libraries. If you use those services, Carbon Inspector may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Links: Inspector Nexus may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising.
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; Protecting the rights or property of Inspector Nexus or our users.
- Developing new services.
Information sharingInspector Nexus only shares personal and/or confidential information with other companies or individuals outside of Inspector Nexus in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal and/or confidential information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal and/or confidential information on our behalf.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Inspector Nexus, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.